Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Black & White Wednesday ~ Snow Day

When it snows,
some people go skiing or sledding or build a snow man.
My idea of "playing in the snow"
is taking wintery photos.
And playing with fun new iPhone apps!
This photo was taken on our snowy Tuesday of the diner across from my office!
Old school cute, and great food too!

The Waterlogue App                             The Sketch Guru App


This is a favorite macro I took earlier this winter of a teeny, tiny fading flower.
C'mon...
What could be more fun than turning a favorite photo
into a soft, watery painting or an artsy pencil sketch??!!


If you have some black and white photos in your post today, 
please share your post here!
My Memory Art
 I'm linking up with 

11 comments:

  1. I agree that it is great fun to turn photos into watercolors, or pencil sketches or cartoons..

    The flower is lovely and I like the way individual flakes were captured in the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shots...I really prefer the original shots for both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been playing a lot with my pictures lately - turning them into pastels or paint daubs. I especially like to do that with a picture I am on the fence about tossing - breathing new life into it.

    Love the first location and shots especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your macro flower! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a late comer to it, but now am totally enthralled with the Waterlogue app. Thinking I'm going to turn some of the creations into canvasses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely snowy day shot and flower ~ very creative ~ I am one of those that like the original shots ~ fun to play around editing also ~ Happy Week to you ~ carol ^_^

    artmusedog and carol
    www.acreativeharbor.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun apps! I would be just like you having fun with my camera and phone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a waterlogue convert too, playing with photos, what a great hobby. Just love your images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are awesome. Good choice of play.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like winter photos in black and white.

    The waterlogue app looks fun, but I prefer photos.

    ReplyDelete